• I think my boss is trying to run me off.

• Fscking Moron
    • Posted 05/19/2017 12:26 AM - Hide
    • We were peers for several years until he was promoted. He rarely says thanks or compliments me for a job well done. We get along in person and joke around at times. He will call me out (via email, never face to face) if he wants to get on my ass about something.

I think he wants someone that he can control.

His leadership style is kinda weak. When he wants someone to do something, he'll email the group instead of assign it to an individual.

Last year, he tried to alter my schedule (before he was promoted supervisor) and I went over his head at the time and had it blocked. Now he's trying to do it again.

My job is slowly getting more stressful (more responsibility but no pay raise or promotion)

Should I try to reason with the guy or move on?
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
    • Re: I think my boss is trying to run me off.
      Posted 05/19/2017 12:43 AM : Edited 05/19/2017 12:48 AM - Hide
    • Another thing he does is sit on my vacation time request. I'll make a request and he won't respond until a couple weeks before (even if it's a month or two later).
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 12:44 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I'm trying to give a fuck.

Will let you know.

Might want to get a job first.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 12:45 AM - Hide
    • Unregistered coward posted:
      He is a cuck playing an alpha in the workplace. He won't last.

Hammer on the nail
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 12:54 AM - Hide

He tries to act like "one of the guys" and make his boss out to be the "bad cop". He likes the authority and perks of his position but doesn't like the responsibility.
      Posted 05/19/2017 01:00 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      He tries to act like "one of the guys" and make his boss out to be the "bad cop". He likes the authority and perks of his position but doesn't like the responsibility.

Any dick can be authoritative. Taking responsibility is how you gain respect. Ride it out, work your ass off and let the higher-ups know you want the responsibility.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 01:14 AM - Hide
      . posted:

Any dick can be authoritative. Taking responsibility is how you gain respect. Ride it out, work your ass off and let the higher-ups know you want the responsibility.

Personally he's not a bad guy but seems to be caving into the stress and trying to dump his burdens on others.
      I don't think I'd be next in line. The competition is in a protected class.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 01:15 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      We were peers for several years until he was promoted. He rarely says thanks or compliments me for a job well done. We get along in person and joke around at times. He will call me out (via email, never face to face) if he wants to get on my ass about something.

His leadership style is kinda weak. When he wants someone to do something, he'll email the group instead of assign it to an individual.

Last year, he tried to alter my schedule (before he was promoted supervisor) and I went over his head at the time and had it blocked. Now he's trying to do it again.

My job is slowly getting more stressful (more responsibility but no pay raise or promotion)

yo, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. now that you know there is a war on, your even with him or probably got one up on him. if your smart you'll know how to play him. you are in control. this is a mental game. have fun with it
      listen to the 48 Laws of Power. get the book. these are powerful keys to being aware of how to play people AND these keys will save you from being played. very important when your working with people. very good knowledge here.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 01:22 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      yo, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. now that you know there is a war on, your even with him or probably got one up on him. if your smart you'll know how to play him. you are in control. this is a mental game. have fun with it
      listen to the 48 Laws of Power. get the book. these are powerful keys to being aware of how to play people AND these keys will save you from being played. very important when your working with people. very good knowledge here.

I don't want to play mental games though, I just want to work! But I guess I don't have much of a choice. I did read that book and remember very little, guess I need to read it again.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 01:29 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I don't want to play mental games though, I just want to work! But I guess I don't have much of a choice. I did read that book and remember very little, guess I need to read it again.

when your dealing with people your playing the game without knowing or by being conscience and playing on purpose. like I said, knowing these laws will save your ass more than they will hurt ya. knowledge is still king. your in a pecking order and should know how to play to win from any position. be awake.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 01:33 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

when your dealing with people your playing the game without knowing or by being conscience and playing on purpose. like I said, knowing these laws will save your ass more than they will hurt ya. knowledge is still king. your in a pecking order and should know how to play to win from any position. be awake.

Are you sure that stuff really works? I recall one law "don't outshine the master". I'm careful not to do that. Another co-worker does do that. He seems pretty chummy with management.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 01:41 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:

Are you sure that stuff really works? I recall one law "don't outshine the master". I'm careful not to do that. Another co-worker does do that. He seems pretty chummy with management.

ya, that's an important one. don't outshine the your master. Bill Cosby's troubles started when he tried to out shine his boss's. Bill tried to buy a TV station, I think it was. they put him in his place.
      Posted 05/19/2017 01:46 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      We were peers for several years until he was promoted. He rarely says thanks or compliments me for a job well done. We get along in person and joke around at times. He will call me out (via email, never face to face) if he wants to get on my ass about something.

Posted 05/19/2017 01:53 AM - Hide

unless the upstream bosses are of similar ilk. you might be surprised at the widespread dysfunction that passes for mid-level management.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 10:55 AM - Hide
    • beaverCleaver posted:
      unless the upstream bosses are of similar ilk. you might be surprised at the widespread dysfunction that passes for mid-level management.

true
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:05 AM - Hide
    • Find out where he lives, if you solve problems via that route. The first time he fucks up he'll either blame you or try and take you down with him.

You might even want to meet him outside of work and tell him actions have consequences. I went that route with a bad manager and handed him pics of not only his house but his parents well. When they realize their decisions will affect other people, they will back off. He backed off and he left me alone until I found another job a couple of months later.
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:13 AM - Hide
    • . posted:

TIME TO MOVE ON. SOUNDS LIKE A SHITTY COMPANY AND YOUR SHITTY PAL IS A SHITTY COMPANY MAN
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.