• I think my boss is trying to run me off.

• Russian hacker
    • Re: I think my boss is trying to run me off.
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:26 AM : Edited 05/19/2017 11:26 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      The first time he fucks up he'll either blame you or try and take you down with him.

He's trying to throw additional work on my plate. For example, we have this process that has to be done every every morning. Even though I work later in the day, I would be required to get up at 5am to take care of this, one out of every 4 or 5 weeks or whatever (even on off days). What if I start doing this and then he logs in and fucks something up and says it's me that fucked up? Having this extra task on my plate makes me more vulnerable to shenanegins. That might be what he's thinking, he's too incompetent for the position but he doesn't want me looking good if he's looking bad.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:28 AM - Hide
    • ACD posted:
      TIME TO MOVE ON. SOUNDS LIKE A SHITTY COMPANY AND YOUR SHITTY PAL IS A SHITTY COMPANY MAN

Yeah I need to expedite this process. I did some searching last year, had some interviews, but then suspended the job search when things got better. Now things are getting shittier again
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:46 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      He's trying to throw additional work on my plate. For example, we have this process that has to be done every every morning. Even though I work later in the day, I would be required to get up at 5am to take care of this, one out of every 4 or 5 weeks or whatever (even on off days). What if I start doing this and then he logs in and fucks something up and says it's me that fucked up? Having this extra task on my plate makes me more vulnerable to shenanegins. That might be what he's thinking, he's too incompetent for the position but he doesn't want me looking good if he's looking bad.

Tell him that process falls outside your agreed upon working hours and either it needs to be changed, someone else cover it, or you need more compensation.

It definitely sounds like he is trying to run you off. I would be looking for a job elsewhere. Don't be shy about long lunches or calling in sick. He'll just assume you are looking as well.
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:56 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Tell him that process falls outside your agreed upon working hours and either it needs to be changed, someone else cover it, or you need more compensation.

Should I go to him or go over his head to his boss? I'm guessing go to him first and then if he doesn't budge then go to his boss. His claim will be that his new hires are willing to do this (although they come in earlier than I do most days). There's a sucker born every minute. At one time, I was the sucker that was willing to be taken advantage of before I wised up. At one time (before this guy joined the team), there was one guy who worked an early shift that would take care of this every week. Instead of making everyone's life difficult, I don't know why they don't go this route.

. posted:
      It definitely sounds like he is trying to run you off. I would be looking for a job elsewhere. Don't be shy about long lunches or calling in sick. He'll just assume you are looking as well.

And that's a good thing if he assumes I'm looking?
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 05/19/2017 12:08 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      And that's a good thing if he assumes I'm looking?

It's sounding like he wants you out. Next step will be a bad review with some requirement to fix that won't be possible. Like working better with the team or something. That will land you on a personal improvement plan or something and then you're fucked because then the clock is on to find something else.

SIGN NOTHING. Tell him in your one on one that unless you agree with the eval 100% you won't sign it. I have refused to sign in the past and I wasn't canned....well not right away.

I would catch up on employment law in your state. There is also the ROI to consider. Is it worth it to fuck with it or just find something else. I personally would elect to find another job sooner rather than later. Eventually you will have a new job. Now or down the road.
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 05/19/2017 12:10 PM - Hide
    • Perhaps you should grow a pair of balls?
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 05/19/2017 12:18 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Find out where he lives, if you solve problems via that route. The first time he fucks up he'll either blame you or try and take you down with him.

You might even want to meet him outside of work and tell him actions have consequences. I went that route with a bad manager and handed him pics of not only his house but his parents well. When they realize their decisions will affect other people, they will back off. He backed off and he left me alone until I found another job a couple of months later.

Well played.
      \
      :duckman:
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 05/19/2017 12:19 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      It's sounding like he wants you out.

Not sure why, we've worked together for years and get along. I could probably step in and take his job if he were to get run off so maybe that's the reason. Or maybe because I didn't pledge 100% loyalty toward him (he seems to be at odds with his boss who sorta undermines him by giving orders to his underlings directly)

He did hire someone with a similar skillset altho the guy isn't at my level although he might think he is.

Maybe he's incompetent and afraid of being exposed.

I guess it really doesn't matter why tho.

. posted:
      Next step will be a bad review with some requirement to fix that won't be possible. Like working better with the team or something. That will land you on a personal improvement plan or something and then you're fucked because then the clock is on to find something else.

Even if I had stellar reviews in the past under a previous regime?

. posted:
      SIGN NOTHING. Tell him in your one on one that unless you agree with the eval 100% you won't sign it. I have refused to sign in the past and I wasn't canned....well not right away.

LOL I recall a previous boss refusing to sign a write up that his boss wanted him to sign. He was eventually made so miserable that he quit (without having something lined up)

. posted:
      I would catch up on employment law in your state. There is also the ROI to consider. Is it worth it to fuck with it or just find something else. I personally would elect to find another job sooner rather than later. Eventually you will have a new job. Now or down the road.

Yeah guess it's better that it be on my terms
    • Russian hacker
    • Russian hacker
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 05/19/2017 05:46 PM - Hide
    • dude we done posted you vids and give our advice. now take it as the wisdom it is...
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.