• Are the expensive moubtain bikes worth it?

• Local milk person
    • Re: Are the expensive moubtain bikes worth it?
      Posted 05/25/2017 11:33 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      Very little of consequence has changed in the bike technology over the past 25 years.

Bullshit.
      \
      :madison:

I said OF CONSEQUENCE.

Lighter, stronger frames and wheels. Grippier tyres. Larger diameter rims. Huge advances in suspension technology.

Dimwit.

OP has been riding a fucking Walmart bike(:lol:) for 15 years. Do you think he suddenly needs or cares about stronger frames, disc brakes, or 'huge advances in suspension technology'?

I did say OF CONSEQUENCE, didn't I?
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/25/2017 11:47 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      Very little of consequence has changed in the bike technology over the past 25 years.

Bullshit.
      \

I said OF CONSEQUENCE.

Lighter, stronger frames and wheels. Grippier tyres. Larger diameter rims. Huge advances in suspension technology.

Dimwit.

OP has been riding a fucking Walmart bike(:lol:) for 15 years. Do you think he suddenly needs or cares about stronger frames, disc brakes, or 'huge advances in suspension technology'?

If he had been driving a Pinto for 15 years you don't think upgrading to a modern vehicl would be of any consequence? Dimwit.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/25/2017 11:52 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Let me know when you don't have to pedal them.

Hybrid bikes are very popular among commuters.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 12:04 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:

Bullshit.
      \

I said OF CONSEQUENCE.

Dimwit.

If he had been driving a Pinto for 15 years you don't think upgrading to a modern vehicl would be of any consequence?
      Dimwit.

Poor analogy. A newer bike vs. his old Walmart one will not offer him any significant improvement, considering his bike is still in v. good condition and his pattern of bike usage so far - light and infrequent from my estimate.

A good analogy would to be to replace a 15yr Pinto with a 12yr Pinto because the 12yr old vehicle has a better paint job and a CD player.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 12:06 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:

Bullshit.
      \

I said OF CONSEQUENCE.

Dimwit.

If he had been driving a Pinto for 15 years you don't think upgrading to a modern vehicl would be of any consequence?
      Dimwit.

Poor analogy. A newer bike vs. his old Walmart one will not offer him any significant improvement, considering his bike is still in v. good condition and his pattern of bike usage so far - light and infrequent from my estimate.

A good analogy would to be to replace a 15yr Pinto with a 12yr Pinto because the 12yr old vehicle has a better paint job and a CD player.

Dimwit. A 12yo Pinto doesn't offer significantly better performance than a 15yo one.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 12:06 AM - Hide
    • FUCK NO. GO TO CHINA*MART GET A HUFFY.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 12:08 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      Expensive bikes are like expensive watches. You aren't getting anything for your money.

I have an Invicta watch. It was $70. I was at a party with a guy who had a Rolex Daytona. His watch was close to $20,000. My watch was $70. They looked the same.

Same with bikes. I have a bike I got from walmart. It was close around $140. Idiots buy bikes for over $1000. They are posers. Fags. Little queer boys. Pansies. They want to get plowed in the ass.

My bike cost $6000. I will take you to some of my regular trails and I bet your walmart bike won't last one run.
      \
      :fatkid:

your 'regular trail' is between the snack section at walmart and the sofa.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 12:11 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      Expensive bikes are like expensive watches. You aren't getting anything for your money.

I have an Invicta watch. It was $70. I was at a party with a guy who had a Rolex Daytona. His watch was close to $20,000. My watch was $70. They looked the same.

Same with bikes. I have a bike I got from walmart. It was close around $140. Idiots buy bikes for over $1000. They are posers. Fags. Little queer boys. Pansies. They want to get plowed in the ass.

My bike cost $6000. I will take you to some of my regular trails and I bet your walmart bike won't last one run.
      \
      :fatkid:

No
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 12:15 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:

Bullshit.
      \

I said OF CONSEQUENCE.

Dimwit.

Dimwit.

Dimwit. A 12yo Pinto doesn't offer significantly better performance than a 15yo one.
      \
      :ebert2:

:smh:
      \
      That's the whole fucking point, retard.

For OP a new bike with all the fancy shit people use on challenging trails is a complete waste of money. He needs a basic bike that runs well, wheels are true, old style brakes work as they should, the seat is comfortable, gears change smoothly and nothing squeeks. Oil on the chain. Some lights for the evening. That's it.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 12:22 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:

Bullshit.
      \

I said OF CONSEQUENCE.

Dimwit.

Dimwit.

\

\

For OP a new bike with all the fancy shit people use on challenging trails is a complete waste of money. He needs a basic bike that runs well, wheels are true, old style brakes work as they should, the seat is comfortable, gears change smoothly and nothing squeeks. Oil on the chain. Some lights for the evening. That's it.

You must be poor.
    • FAG NLI
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 12:31 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I have owned my Wal Mart bike for about 15 years, still functional and liiks like new

As a Colorado resident and regular trail rider, I have to ask...

Will you be riding your bike on mountain trails or around your trailer park neighborhood?

:bean:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 12:54 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:

Bullshit.
      \

I said OF CONSEQUENCE.

Dimwit.

Dimwit.

\

\

You must be poor.

I'm wise, which is why I can live very comfortably and my material future is more than secure. The bike I use a few times a week on a 14 mile ride to+from work was assembled around an old Specialized frame with new and old parts. Cost me about $150 total to put together, plus the occasional new chain/cassette, brake pads, one bottom bracket cartridge, etc over the past 10 years. With quality parts and regular maintenance, I can't imagine replacing it would be any better even if I spent a mini fortune on a new one.

Other guys I know bought $2500 bikes and promptly got them stolen or abandoned the idea of riding and went back to cars :lol:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 12:57 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I'm wise, which is why I can live very comfortably and my material future is more than secure. The bike I use a few times a week on a 14 mile ride to+from work was assembled around an old Specialized frame with new and old parts. Cost me about $150 total to put together, plus the occasional new chain/cassette, brake pads, one bottom bracket cartridge, etc over the past 10 years. With quality parts and regular maintenance, I can't imagine replacing it would be any better even if I spent a mini fortune on a new one.

Other guys I know bought $2500 bikes and promptly got them stolen or abandoned the idea of riding and went back to cars :lol:

:lol::fag:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 01:12 AM - Hide
    • Hard tail or dual sus?

Very few people are crushing the downhill and actually require a dual sus. A 600$ rockhopper will suit you fine. If you live in colorado or utah then its a different story.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 05/26/2017 01:28 AM - Hide
    • what about bike trails and roads?
    • Local milk person
      Posted 07/30/2017 11:20 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      If you are riding around town less chance of the Walmart bike being stolen, and if it is, scant loss.

+1
    • Local milk person
      Posted 07/30/2017 11:21 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Shit I spent 900 bucks on a used road bike and it's mid range. I'm just an occasional rider though so it suits my need.

$900? Fuck
    • Local milk person
      Posted 07/30/2017 11:23 AM - Hide
    • Bikingbill posted:
      Disc brakes are worth it.

Easier to get the front wheel on and off for transporting.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 07/30/2017 11:43 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I have owned my Wal Mart bike for about 15 years, still functional and liiks like new

The frame is fine. Walmart likes to have plastic parts like gear and brake levers. They tend to break, but swap them out for metal, and you got yourself a fine bike.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 07/30/2017 12:58 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

another consumer confusing price with value,should have saved some Plastic bags for their heads
    • Local milk person
      Posted 07/30/2017 04:58 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      another consumer confusing price with value,should have saved some Plastic bags for their heads

Wtf? Any literate people posting today?
    • Local milk person
      Posted 07/30/2017 05:05 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

To a blind man standing half a mile away, yes.

;ahaa;
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save   Sage/No Bump
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.