Name your favourite painting #2

Name your favourite painting #3
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
    • Re: Name your favourite painting
      Posted 10/11/2017 01:35 AM - Hide
    • olivia pope posted:
      Any F169 billionaire tards here have a few of these in your private collections?

I have 24 paintings by a well known classical realist painter from the 19th century. Salon artist, pre impressionism. I'm sure I own more of his paintings than anyone else. I bought them from a mix of Sotheby's and Christie's over the years. I got hooked when I was around 30 and I saw one of the guy's paintings in an art gallery. When I got home, I found a small piece of his for sale for $12,000 or so. I bought it just because I could. When I got it, I fell for it and got the list of all his paintings and as they came up over the years, I kept buying them.

I used to keep them in my house, you have to keep them away from sunlight and also in a room that maintains the same temperature. Have to keep them away from fluorescent light as well (especially the water colors). Some of them were mounted poorly or on frames that weighed 40 pounds. I switched those to modern lightweight frames. Purists probably wouldn't like it but some were very large and I don't like the huge, overwraught heavy frames.

Some were mounted with semi-acedic backing and I switched to non-acidic backing, one watercolor started to develop tanning so I put a special backing that was supposed to leach some acid out.

After having them in my house a few years and worrying about them getting damaged, I switched to putting them in an art storage facility. Costs me $200 a month. It is temperature controlled, supposed to keep animals out, it is boxed up but they get some air circulation so the humidity should be ok. I haven't seen any of them in 10 years at this point. They average about 140 years old.
      Posted 10/11/2017 01:39 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I have 24 paintings by a well known classical realist painter from the 19th century. Salon artist, pre impressionism. I'm sure I own more of his paintings than anyone else. I bought them from a mix of Sotheby's and Christie's over the years. I got hooked when I was around 30 and I saw one of the guy's paintings in an art gallery. When I got home, I found a small piece of his for sale for $12,000 or so. I bought it just because I could. When I got it, I fell for it and got the list of all his paintings and as they came up over the years, I kept buying them.

I used to keep them in my house, you have to keep them away from sunlight and also in a room that maintains the same temperature. Have to keep them away from fluorescent light as well (especially the water colors). Some of them were mounted poorly or on frames that weighed 40 pounds. I switched those to modern lightweight frames. Purists probably wouldn't like it but some were very large and I don't like the huge, overwraught heavy frames.

Some were mounted with semi-acedic backing and I switched to non-acidic backing, one watercolor started to develop tanning so I put a special backing that was supposed to leach some acid out.

After having them in my house a few years and worrying about them getting damaged, I switched to putting them in an art storage facility. Costs me $200 a month. It is temperature controlled, supposed to keep animals out, it is boxed up but they get some air circulation so the humidity should be ok. I haven't seen any of them in 10 years at this point. They average about 140 years old.

So, who is the artist? Or, are you just a liar like the Trumpster kid?
    • Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/11/2017 04:01 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Name your favourite painting #1

Name your favourite painting #2

Name your favourite painting #3

Name your favourite painting #4

Name your favourite painting #5

Name your favourite painting #6

Name your favourite painting #7

Name your favourite painting #8

;nazispin;

Does anyone else consider this to be quite a clever and poetic post?
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/11/2017 07:48 AM - Hide
    • Like everything in life, some good stuff and a load of shite.
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/11/2017 07:54 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Like everything in life, some good stuff and a load of shite.

Care to elaborate, Shakespeare?
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/11/2017 08:10 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:

I luv Margaret Keane's work.
      \
      :ladyj3:

Sorry, but that is dreck!

GRE x 12445332456

Is that her phone number? :tard:
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save   Sage/No Bump
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.