• Are the expensive moubtain bikes worth it?

• Fscking Moron
    • Re: Are the expensive moubtain bikes worth it?
      Posted 05/25/2017 08:39 PM - Hide
    • always a goode day down on the springwater trail when u get the hobojunkie version of a trifecta expensive lite weight byke, creditcards ands some lite rape with your mates on a fine summers eve
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 08:40 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Very little of consequence has changed in the bike technology over the past 25 years.

Bullshit.
      Posted 05/25/2017 08:40 PM - Hide
    • Only if you are going to ride it as a true mountain bike. Otherwise, a Walmart bike will get you where you want to go.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 08:41 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      always a goode day down on the springwater trail when u get the hobojunkie version of a trifecta expensive lite weight byke, creditcards ands some lite rape with your mates on a fine summers eve

:lol:
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 08:49 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I have owned my Wal Mart bike for about 15 years, still functional and liiks like new

If you are riding around town less chance of the Walmart bike being stolen, and if it is, scant loss.

If you are a serious single track rider a new quality bike is worth considering
    • Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 08:56 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      Very little of consequence has changed in the bike technology over the past 25 years.

Bullshit.
      \
      :madison:

I said OF CONSEQUENCE.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 08:56 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

Wrong, idiot.
      \
      :winner2:

I said OF CONSEQUENCE.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 08:58 PM : Edited 05/25/2017 08:59 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

I disagree. Frames for mountain biking are much stronger and lighter and shocks are now awesome. Disc brakes are really excellent for mountain bikes.

I have too much respect for my life to entrust it to a bike with shitty brakes. Or maybe OP lives out on the flatlands. I live in the mountains.

$2000 min for a decent bike. I know guys with $7000 downhill racers. REally fine bikes but forget it unless you're into this.

• Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 09:00 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:

Bullshit.
      \
      :madison:

I said OF CONSEQUENCE.

Lighter, stronger frames and wheels. Grippier tyres. Larger diameter rims. Huge advances in suspension technology.

Dimwit.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 09:22 PM - Hide
    • Only with new spandex
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 09:24 PM - Hide
    • I never go outside, I have no money for toys or women. Playing it safe. I think that's the wisest course of action. Don't understand why the neighbor across the hall is complaining about the goaty musty smell coming from my apartment though. I can't smell anything.
      \
      :trev:
      Posted 05/25/2017 09:30 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I have owned my Wal Mart bike for about 15 years, still functional and liiks like new

Ask yourself how you like to ride....downhill only, flowy singletrack, or technical rock gardens and such. Then find a bike that fits your ride. Downhill and technical rides, get a full squish bike. If you are aggressive rider then outfit with higher components. Hydraulic disc brakes a must.

I prefer flowy and have a Trek hardtail with midrange Shimanos.

Immediately swap out the tires, seat, pedals, and grips on any bike less than $1000.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 09:46 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I never go outside, I have no money for toys or women. Playing it safe. I think that's the wisest course of action. Don't understand why the neighbor across the hall is complaining about the goaty musty smell coming from my apartment though. I can't smell anything.
      \
      :trev:

Are the expensive moubtain bikes worth it? #1
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 10:02 PM - Hide
    • Shit I spent 900 bucks on a used road bike and it's mid range. I'm just an occasional rider though so it suits my need.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 10:05 PM - Hide
    • Expensive bikes are like expensive watches. You aren't getting anything for your money.

I have an Invicta watch. It was $70. I was at a party with a guy who had a Rolex Daytona. His watch was close to $20,000. My watch was $70. They looked the same.

Same with bikes. I have a bike I got from walmart. It was close around $140. Idiots buy bikes for over $1000. They are posers. Fags. Little queer boys. Pansies. They want to get plowed in the ass.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 10:09 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Expensive bikes are like expensive watches. You aren't getting anything for your money.

I have an Invicta watch. It was $70. I was at a party with a guy who had a Rolex Daytona. His watch was close to $20,000. My watch was $70. They looked the same.

Same with bikes. I have a bike I got from walmart. It was close around $140. Idiots buy bikes for over $1000. They are posers. Fags. Little queer boys. Pansies. They want to get plowed in the ass.

Naw dude. There are finer things in life. Get a good job and start trying things out.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 10:18 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Expensive bikes are like expensive watches. You aren't getting anything for your money.

My bike cost $6000. I will take you to some of my regular trails and I bet your walmart bike won't last one run.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 10:23 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      No, he's absolutely right :lol:

Composites, both frames and wheels
      Electronic shifting
      Inset headsets
      Disc brakes

The list goes on and on :lol:

Powermeters, hub and crank
      29" mtb wheels - no one rides 26ers anymore

There's been a TON of advances in cycling in the last decade
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/25/2017 10:25 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      No, he's absolutely right :lol:

Composites, both frames and wheels
      Electronic shifting
      Inset headsets
      Disc brakes

The list goes on and on :lol:

Powermeters, hub and crank
      29" mtb wheels - no one rides 26ers anymore

There's been a TON of advances in cycling in the last decade

• Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.
  • Uncensored News: