Chinese bitcoin miners eye sites in energy-rich Canada
- .Posted 01/12/2018 12:31 AM - Hide
- MONTREAL/SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China’s Bitmain Technologies is eyeing bitcoin mining sites in Quebec, a company spokesman told Reuters, as expectations of a potential Chinese crackdown on cryptocurrency mining make the energy-rich Canadian province an attractive alternative.
China has grown into one of the world’s biggest sources of cryptocurrency mining but there are signs Beijing is increasing scrutiny of the sector’s players and may ask local authorities to regulate their power use. Bitmain Technologies, operator of some of the largest mining farms in the country, is among several companies looking to expand overseas.
- [ Reply ]
No comments. Be the first to add a comment below.
- More News:
- View Article - ‘Trade your bitcoins for buckets’
- View Article - Ripple announces XRP trial with cross-border remittance firm MoneyGram
- View Article - South Korea plans to ban cryptocurrency trading, rattles market
- View Article - Bitcoin conference stops accepting bitcoin payments
- View Article - Kodak Surges After Announcing Plans to Launch Cryptocurrency Called 'Kodakcoin'
- View Article - Kodak creating its own cryptocurrency, KodakCoin
- View Article - China wants an “orderly exit” from bitcoin mining
- View Article - There could soon be a new way to bet on bitcoin - and it promises to be an even wilder ride than the cryptocurrency
- View Article - A Crypto Website Changes Its Data, and $100 Billion in Market Value Vanishes
- View Article - Cryptocurrencies are plunging, led by ripple, bitcoin