Trudeau Says Canadian Pro-life Groups 'Not in Line with Who We Are as a Society'
- .Posted 01/12/2018 12:32 PM - Hide
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spoke Wednesday about a new requirement in the Canadian summer jobs grant application that groups must indicate support for “the right to access safe and legal abortions” to be included in the program. Trudeau defended the requirement and called groups opposed to abortion “not in line with where we are as a government, and quite frankly where we are as a society.”
"If you're pro-life then you are ridiculed and insulted, but if you're pro-choice then you are praised," a student told Trudeau at a town hall at McMaster University and was greeted with applause.
- [ Reply ]
No comments. Be the first to add a comment below.
- More News:
- View Article - CBC under fire for documentary that says first humans to colonize New World sailed from Europe
- View Article - Asylum seeker suffers frostbite crossing border as feds' U.S. campaign discourages irregular migration
- View Article - Exclusive: Canada convinced Trump will soon pull plug on NAFTA - sources
- View Article - Canadian Liberal MP Labels Anti-Islamic State Protesters 'White Supremacists'
- View Article - Passengers scream as plane explodes in a fireball after collision
- View Article - 'It was chaos': Planes collide on Toronto airport tarmac
- View Article - Edmonton man keeps unopened Christmas gift from girl who dumped him 47 years ago
- View Article - Multiple Tim Hortons franchises, other Ontario businesses cut pay, benefits
- View Article - Joshua Boyle, Canadian hostage in Afghanistan, arrested and faces list of charges in Ottawa
- View Article - Bank of Canada estimates 60,000 fewer jobs due to minimum wage increases