US ambassador to Panama resigns, saying he can no longer serve under Trump administration
- .Posted 01/12/2018 12:39 PM - Hide
- US Ambassador to Panama John Feeley, a career diplomat and former Marine Corps helicopter pilot, has resigned, telling the State Department he no longer feels able to serve President Donald Trump.
"As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the president and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies. My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honor bound to resign. That time has come," Mr Feeley said, according to an excerpt of his resignation letter read to Reuters.
- [ Reply ]
- More News:
- View Article - Ann Coulter on Trump's 'shithole' remark: 'He's trying to win me back'
- View Article - Trump's tax bill will make 2018 a wild year for divorce
- View Article - Pew: US media bias ranks worst in the world
- View Article - Tucker Carlson: ‘Trump Said Something That Almost Every Person in America Actually Agrees With’
- View Article - WaPo Reporter Placed On Leave After She’s Exposed Giving Secret Strategy Briefing At Soros Conference
- View Article - Was Seth Rich Killed over the Steele Dossier?
- View Article - Republicans will keep control of Congress this year -- Here's why
- View Article - Missouri governor fighting for political life after affair
- View Article - Supercut Of CNN Saying ‘S***hole’ On Live TV
- View Article - Fox host on Trump ‘s---hole’ remark: This is how ‘the forgotten men and women’ talk