Former nuclear launch officers call Trump a "clear and present danger"
- .Posted 01/12/2018 01:42 PM - Hide
- A group of 17 former nuclear launch officers are calling on Congress to rein in President Trump's power to use nuclear weapons, saying he "poses a clear and present danger to the country and the world." Global Zero, an international nuclear disarmament advocacy group, sent the letter to Congress on Thursday, following a similar letter written after Mr. Trump won the 2016 presidential election.
"Every American president has absolute authority to order the first use of nuclear weapons. No one – not the secretary of defense, not the attorney general, not Congress – can veto that order. There are no reliable safeguards in place to contain this power," the officers wrote.
- [ Reply ]
- More News:
- View Article - Obama: Presidents need to watch their behavior
- View Article - Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens accused of slapping mistress
- View Article - Trump has gone from dog-whistle bigotry to megaphone prejudice
- View Article - US ambassador to Panama resigns, saying he can no longer serve under Trump administration
- View Article - Ann Coulter on Trump's 'shithole' remark: 'He's trying to win me back'
- View Article - Trump's tax bill will make 2018 a wild year for divorce
- View Article - Pew: US media bias ranks worst in the world
- View Article - Tucker Carlson: ‘Trump Said Something That Almost Every Person in America Actually Agrees With’
- View Article - WaPo Reporter Placed On Leave After She’s Exposed Giving Secret Strategy Briefing At Soros Conference
- View Article - Was Seth Rich Killed over the Steele Dossier?